Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mixed Media - Journal Page - Moments.....

So here's a page I did last week I think Wednesday... 
I actually used some left over paints I was using on a large Canvas which of course isn't done yet... That will be revealed soon...

I mixed paints with Liquitex Medium Resin Sand...  What I have left over I put right on this journal page...  Then waited a few days until the inspiration moved me..



Once it I had a total blast....

I gesso over the dried page - it was Red, Green and Brown...  it didn't really motivate me at all...
And once the gesso dried it looked Great.
I then sprayed some Dylusions Sprays over it.. Used London Blue and Crushed Grapes Once you put that over the medium it just pulls alittle into it... and it really came out great.

I then had some fun with something I have seen Donna Downey do a bunch of times and never really tried - but took my alphabet stencil and and sponge and black paint and had some fun....
I also took my handy dandy toilet paper roll and also dipped it into black paint and stamped all over...
I then used a flower stamp and Stars and stamped that all over the pages...
With the medium on the page it was really hard to see them - so I went over them with a thin paint brush and black paint to make them stand out.
I then took Faber Castel Gellatos and filled in the stamped images.
And then added some white paint to the flowers to make them stand out.

I also grabbed my bubble wrap with white paint which I love how that looks.

I hand drew some fun lines and dots around the outside frame and then painted different colors around it.

Added some scrapbooking embellishments I had in my stash... Again listening to Donna Downey to USE YOUR SUPPLIES....

And finally another trick I learned from her YouTube page - and used Silver India Ink and dripped it down the page...

I totally love these pages... So totally unexpected. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment