Saturday, February 16, 2013

Family Command Center Project

So another inspiration idea from Pinterest....

I decided to put together a family command center - with storage cubes (Mostly because I'm so tired of all the shoes all over the floor ( i trip over all of them)...   And bags - stuff etc... So I made this geared to having 1 cube for everyone in the family - including the dogs...

Got the wooden boxes from Michaels - I used the 40% off coupon went in 1 every day so by the weekend I was ready to go....   


Then I painted them with Liquitex Spray Paint - I love love love this paint...  It goes on so smooth - and covers really well..  I also got it when it was on sale at Michaels.



Then I mounted them on the wall.   Top cubes are for me and my husband.
Middle 2 are for my daughter and son.
Bottom 2 are for my other son - and the dogs....

Shoes fit perfect..  Pocket books - books - school supplies - dog coats...





Then - I put the bulletin board - and canvas organizers - and metal paper sorters - and this is all next to the door so everyone sees it...  This has worked amazing.




Above is the kitchen table and our photos... and 1 of the pieces of artwork I have done on display.


No comments:

Post a Comment