Monday, February 18, 2013

Mixed media Journal Page - Flower Fun

So I had so much fun doing this page....  I had actually done something with paint dripping on these 2 pages - but didn't like the way it came out... So Gesso to the rescue....

See below for the progress and supply list.



See above the gesso process when I started it.

Below is when it was done and I started adding texture and supplies.


Above - I add Bazzill Basics Just the Edge 12" Cardstock Strips Perfectly Pleated Dictionary - this was something I had in my Stash for years....  Finally opened them up - I cut them in half only used 2 of them - but I love the texture it added.

I also grabbed a bunch of Close to my heart Stamp pads that I have had for years and just never opened.... I opened them and just stamped the entire pad onto the page in all different colors.  


I then took my favorite free tool... my empty toilet paper roll and pressed it into purple paint and stamped it all over the page...

I then drew petals around a few of them to make them flowers.

I started coloring the circles in with different acrylic paint colors

Used a thin paint brush and drew stems.

I then pulled out my pan pastels.


LOVE THESE....
I filled in the blank space between the flowers
Used Green
Purple and Green

I loved the light parts of the pan pastels - on it - but I also added down water down acrylic paints in parts of it.
I then outlined everything with a black market to have things stand out.
And added some red alphabet rub ons.

Below is the final outcome... 


I hope you enjoy this art journaling pages....
Please feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment